Just because Halloween is over doesn’t mean you can’t still enjoy pumpkin
I need to come clean and admit this before we go any further’
I am not a fan of all things pumpkin and I don’t subscribe to the fall craziness of pumpkin spice everything. I much prefer pumpkin as a vegetable, roasted, toasted and savory. My husband only like pumpkin pie, but he likes it so much that he would eat it every day! I would happily indulge him because he’s so worthy, but sometimes you find yourself pie’d out, or not wanting to eat that much gluten, or just lazy and not wanting to make crust.
Pumpkin Custard to the rescue!
This custard has all the things you love about pumpkin pie without all the fuss. It’s quick and easy, the kids can help, and you can adjust the sweetness to your taste.
If you want to indulge, definitely add the splash of Honey Bourbon because pumpkin, bourbon and warm spices are a match made in heaven.
- 1 can (15 ounces) Organic Pumpkin
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 cup Half-n-Half
- 1/2 cup Light Brown Sugar, packed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- *1 tablespoon Honey Bourbon optional, but fabulous
- In a large bowl, combine the ingredients, stirring until smooth. Pour into 6 well greased 5 oz. custard cups. Any custard cup from 4-8 ounces will work fine, or use a bigger cup and adjust your number of servings accordingly
- Place the cups in a 13x9-in. baking pan; pour hot water around cups to a depth of 1 in. Bake, uncovered, at 350? for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a custard is clean when removed
- Serve warm or chilled; top with whipped cream and cinnamon if desired
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 244 Total Fat: 10g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 161mg Sodium: 362mg Carbohydrates: 30g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 27g Protein: 7g