‘‘The first supermarket supposedly appeared on the American landscape in 1946. That is not very long ago. Until then, where was all the food’ Dear folks, the food was in homes, gardens, local fields, and forests. It was near kitchens, near tables, near bedsides. It was in the pantry, the cellar, the backyard.’ – Joel Salatin
Do me a favor before we go any further on this page, close your eyes and think of what you made for dinner last night. What did you pack for lunch, or for your kids lunch’ Now think about what you know about those ingredients, where did they come from’ Do you know the farmer’ Do you know if it’s seasonal, or even what country it comes from’
Those are some hard questions aren’t they’ I was like you, doing my best to feed my family nutritious foods that I could feel good about, but the truth is that I couldn’t feel good about most of it, even though much of it was made from whole foods. I was totally disconnected from the food I was eating. Most of us are. I knew something had to change.
That was 20 years ago, and we have been growing medicinal and culinary herbs and heirloom vegetables organically and regeneratively ever since. But it wasn’t until we began connecting children and adults with special needs to the wonderful healing environment of horses, gardening and nature here on our farm that we realized what a difference we could make in our community.
We would be thrilled to help you create your not only your dream culinary garden, but to help you immerse yourself into a new more sustainable and localvore way of living.
Here’s What We Can Do For You
- Traditional Kitchen Garden (Potager) Design, Installation and Maintenance
- Residential and Commercial Container Garden Planting and Maintenance
- ADA Compliant Accessible Garden Design
- Therapeutic Horticulture Consulting and Workshops
- Site Preparation and Consulting for DIY Projects
- Seasonal Consulting, Seed Sales, Plant Sales and mores
- Recipe Development and Design for farms, farm markets and Community Programs
- Value Added Products for CSA’s and Markets
- Workshops for the Community
Private Coaching and Consulting
In addition to the resources I will share freely here on my website, I also offer private consulting and coaching for those who would like a more personal and guided approach which includes virtual coaching, personal planting guides for 3-4 seasons of growing, and client only recipe and cooking blog.